Monday, March 26, 2012

Living in the Garden of Delights

Here's an excerpt from the sermon my Pastor preached last Sunday.  I'm not exactly sure how to explain what a service at King's Gate is like, but I can tell you it goes something like this...

"That (Eden) is the only time in the Bible when the Kingdom of Heaven was totally manifest. It was in the Garden of Eden. God was there. His presence was there 24/7. God, Adam and Eve had constant communion with You! There was a river with four arms and the four arms, the four tributaries of this river expressed the qualities of the kingdom. It expressed flow, it expressed fruitfulness, it expressed abundance, it expressed joy. It was the garden of delights, because that expresses, that illustrates what the kingdom of heaven is like. It gives joy, there's abundance, there's authority and God says in the Kingdom, you will take authority over everything. Listen to what I'm gonna say now: When God allows chaos, its because He wants to manifest His kingdom."


Now, there's eons that I could ramble in fruitless attempts to unpack the meaning of what all of this actually says, but I want to say one basic thing, and dwell on one basic conclusion from all of this, and that is that I live in the Garden of Delights.


How  many of you reading this believe that your life is awful I wonder?  How many of you feel like your life is a nightmare rather than a dream come true?  


That's something I used to say to myself a lot.  I used to feel like my life was so bad, that it was like a nightmare, except there was no waking up, it was simply something I had to deal with.  But the truth is that I couldn't have been more wrong!  The moment that I received Christ, the moment that God imparted His Holy Spirit into my body, I became one with the God of the Universe.  Our souls collided.  There was an explosion!  And what once was sinful flesh that would be destroyed before God, was absolutely EMPOWERED with the Blood of Jesus to withstand the entrance of the Holy Spirit into my frame and AT ONCE..... 


I was in the Garden of Eden.


The Garden of Delights.


And I never want to leave.









So I think that's what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment